Tuesday, February 5, 2008

cny cookies-星星月亮堆满天®

I used to hate kuih bangkit when I was small cause every chinese year my mum and my aunts will made the same thing ^_^ , it’s very the jelak and I really dun like the taste and every year I’ve to clear stock cause everyone will leave it there until ‘lao hong’….. (I don’t like to waste things mar….) but years after years without realizing I have not tasted a decent kuih bangkit (when I’ve grown up) and I’m kind of miss it, so i give a try this year with no high expectation but the results turned out very surprisingly good.


very 'hari raya' feel punya cny cookies






Ingredients
500g of tapioca flour-stir fry until many many pandan leaves, sift and leave for at least one week
3 teaspoon of baking powder
2 egg yolks
190g of icing sugar
250-300ml of thick coconut milk
2 teaspoon of pandan paste
50g of margarine

Methods
Beat the egg yolks, margarine & icing sugar until fluffy
Followed by the coconut milk
Add in the baking powder & pandan paste & mix well
Add in the tapioca flour a little by little
Knead the flour into dough


stir fry the tapioca flour with pandan leaves


Flatten it and press in the your desired mould, remember to dust the mould with some flour so that it will not stick
Arrange it on top of a greased tray or put a non stick paper on the tray
Bake at 150˚c for 20-30mins depending on your oven

2 comments:

ah yan ♥ said...

u really keng hor~ make someone whom dun like Kuih Bangket oso say it's nice.........

awei said...

tq tq