Sunday, February 24, 2008

Holy Soup

Long long story…actually is my friend who inspires me the name of the soup after I showed him the pictures. The fellow said that first picture looked like the holy water from ‘guan yin ma’ wor….which didn’t come to my mind when I was taking the pictures. Weird huh? A normal soup can suddenly changed to holy water…. tsk~tsk~tsk



Ingredients
English gourd, honey dew, old cucumber, red dates, wolfberries, dried longans,pork ribs, dried sotong (thinly sliced) and water of course

Methods
Blanch the pork ribs in boiling water and set aside
On another pot boil roughly around 2 liters of water
Put in the pork ribs and the rest of the ingredients except honey dew into the boiling water
Bring to boil first and reduce the heat to simmer for 3 hours
Add in the honey dew and continue to simmer for 1 more hour
Lastly, add in salt to taste

No comments: